Are you set up for Amazon’s Subscribe & Save Programme?
- AUTHOR: Elise Jackson
- CATEGORY: Amazon Advertising
- DATE: 27/04/2023
Want to drive repeat customers with regular deliveries and discounts? Then keep reading!
You may or may not have heard of Amazon’s subscribe and save option for customers, if you have, then let this be a reminder to join if you are eligible, and if you haven’t, tune in because we highly recommend you should.
Why you should use the Subscribe and Save feature
As an Amazon seller, utilising the Subscribe & Save feature can be a great way to increase repeat buyers, sales and customer loyalty.
For example, If you’re selling products that have the potential for a great repurchase rate, such as household items, beauty and everyday essentials, setting up subscribe and save is a really useful tool that allows the buyer to purchase on a subscription at a discounted price. This helps you maintain repeat buyers and a loyal customer relationship!
First things first: are you eligible for Subscribe & Save?
You might have guessed it – not all businesses and products are eligible for Subscribe & Save.
Your business must:
- Have a Fulfillment by Amazon account in good standing
- Possess a seller approval rating of over 4.7
- Been selling in FBA for over 3 months
Additionally, Amazon uses the following criteria to determine product eligibility:
- Fulfilment history and in-stock rate
- Sales performance
- Product category
- Average selling price
To find out if you are eligible, go to the Seller Central dashboard > click settings on the right-hand corner > choose Fulfilment by Amazon from the dropdown > click subscription settings from the menu > you should see your status of eligibility of Subscribe and Save.
Subscribe & Save Checklist
1. Set up Subscribe & Save
- To set up Subscribe & Save for your products, simply login to your Amazon Seller Central account and navigate to the “Manage All Inventory” section:
- From there, click through on the product you want to offer the subscription option for. Under the “Offering” tab, select “Subscribe & Save” and set the discount percentage you want to offer
- To set up Subscribe & Save for your products, simply login to your Amazon Seller Central account and navigate to the “Manage products” section:
- From there, click through on the product you want to offer the subscription option for:
- Under the “Actions” tab, select “Choose seller-funded discount” and set the discount percentage you want to offer:
2. Set up discounts
Amazon allows Sellers to choose between three base discounts: 0%, 5% and 10%. According to an internal Amazon study, on average, products with the maximum program discount can drive up to a 1.8 times increase in conversion. For a limited time, Amazon will fund an additional 5% discount for tiered shipments, regardless of which base discount you choose.
We recommend these discounts to get started:
Discounts for repeat buyers: Consider offering a percentage discount for customers who subscribe to a regular delivery schedule. This can incentivize customers to commit to purchasing your product regularly and can also help you forecast sales.
Discounts for multiple quantities: Another option is to offer a discount for customers who purchase multiple quantities of your product in a single Subscribe and Save order. This can encourage customers to stock up on your product and can also increase your sales volume.
Discounts for first-time buyers: Finally, consider offering a special discount for first-time Subscribe and Save customers. This can help attract new customers to your product and can also encourage them to try it out on a regular basis.
3. Create your Delivery Schedule
Next, you’ll need to set up your delivery schedule. This involves selecting the frequency of deliveries and the number of items that will be shipped with each order. You can also customize the delivery schedule for each product to suit your needs.
- Customers can select the product, quantity and frequency of delivery on the product detail page
4. Promote your Subscribe & Save feature
Once your product is eligible, you can start promoting the Subscribe & Save option to your customers. This can be done through email campaigns, social media posts, and by including information about the program on your product listing.
By making it easy for customers to sign up, you can increase the number of subscribers and boost your repeat business.
Overall, setting up discounts with Subscribe and Save can be a valuable strategy for Amazon sellers looking to increase customer loyalty and sales. By offering a variety of discounts, you can appeal to a range of customers and encourage them to purchase your product regularly.
Need a little help setting up Subscribe & Save? We’ve got you, contact us here and let us know what you need some help with and we’ll be in touch.
Ready to discover your selling potential?
We’re here to help you leap over the hurdles and make your brand stand out.
Please fill in our form.X close
How we store your data privacy