In an effort to standardise the documents allowed on product listings and make it easier for customers to access information, Amazon will stop supporting certain document types.
Amazon is giving you a grace period of one month after you are unable to upload documents they do not support, to remove and replace them from your listings.
What are the unsupported Amazon document types?
From January 29th 2024, you will no longer be able to upload or edit the following document unsupported types on your product detail pages:
- 2D CAD
- 3D CAD
- Application Guides
- Comparison Charts
- Size Guides
- Specification Sheets
- Product Documentation
Your unsupported documents will still be viewable by customers on your product detail pages up until February 26th, when they will be removed by Amazon from your Seller Central, so you must save all this information before then.
Document transfer on Seller Central
To avoid losing your documents, we recommend you go to Manage Product Documents before the cut-off date.
- Move information from unsupported document types to the appropriate section of the product detail page, for example, the product description.
- Re-upload content! Switch unsupported document types to one of the 14 supported document types. For example, an “application guide” could be transferred to a “user guide”.
More Amazon Updates and Announcements
Amazon has been busy with improvements and changes to its services in case you missed them:
1. Amazon rolled out new listing requirements for attributes in December 2023
2. A new Minimum Inventory Level metric was announced that helps you avoid low-inventory fees.
3. Amazon rolls out AI-powered image generation to help advertisers deliver a better ad experience for customers.