Hit or Miss: Did Amazon’s Prime Early Access Sale Live Up To The Hype For Brands?
- AUTHOR: Elise Jackson
- CATEGORY: Amazon Brand Content
- DATE: 01/11/2022
After the success of July Prime Day, brands were looking forward to another round of increased sales and for shoppers, good deals, for the Fall Prime Day on October 11th & 12th. But, did this Prime Day live up to its July counterpart?
Short answer: mixed results!
The reported overall numbers from the Prime Early Access Sale show that it didn’t quite live up to the same hype experienced in July.
According to some reports, 100 million items were bought during Fall Prime Day (PD) compared with 300 million items sold during July PD.
Our main takeaways
We weren’t expecting this Prime Day to reach the same sales heights as July Prime Day for a couple of reasons:
- This was the first time Amazon has run Fall Prime Day in the same year as July Prime Day, with more awareness around the July event, this one was not expected to perform the same. We should start to see it become more popular year after year as people become more aware of it.
- Inflation and the current economic climate have curbed buyer spending. Statistics from Numerator found that 79% of people said that inflation impacted their shopping behaviours.
Insights from our ads team
- Brands that saw a higher impact were running promotions. Accounts that didn’t might have seen an increase in clicks and therefore in spend but not in revenue.
- We also found that this Prime Day was smaller compared to July Prime Day for our brands, with spikes in traffic and sales mostly seen in the US.
- Search volumes were also not as high compared with the July Prime Day, which you can see in the comparison below:
US Search Volume
UK Search Volume
In the US, we saw indexed search volume for “Prime Day” to be 2.2x higher in July, compared to October, whereas in the UK, July search volume was 1.9x higher in July, compared to October.
However, that doesn’t mean it wasn’t a success! Some of our brands saw some great results.
Key highlights from our brands
- Daily revenues increased by 1.5-10x, with higher increases on brands running multiple promotions
- Increases in ROAS of 18%
- Strong promotional performance leading to increased sessions and search rank
Whilst not as significant as July’s Prime Day, this is still a great start and boost for Q4! It is promising to see the positive outcome that many brands have achieved, and we are optimistic that the growth of shopper browsing and discovery will have a positive halo effect on sales in the coming weeks.
Did you miss out on the Fall Prime Day event?
Don’t worry, we are heading into the festive season with the biggest calendar dates of the year: Black Friday & Cyber Monday. If you are currently finalising and implementing your strategy but need some extra help, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Ready to discover your selling potential?
We’re here to help you leap over the hurdles and make your brand stand out.
Please fill in our form.X close
How we store your data privacy